What documentation does a household need to show eligibility when applying on behalf of a dependent?

If the household is qualifying through a dependent, for instance if the student participates in the free or reduced lunch or breakfast program, or if their school participates in the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP), the family will need to provide documentation showing the student’s
enrollment in the qualifying year, such as a report card or an official school document that states the school name, student’s name, and school year. Districts may want to prepare a letter for families confirming their student’s enrollment. The family may also provide an eligibility letter for the free or reduced lunch or breakfast program.

Close window