What documents do households need to show eligibility when applying for the ACP?

The household may have to provide documents to demonstrate eligibility depending on the criterion they choose during the application process. Acceptable documents to show income include:

  • Prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return
  • Current income statement from your employer or a paycheck stub
  • A Social Security statement of benefits
  • Veterans Administration statement of benefits
  • Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits
  • Divorce decree, child support award, or a similar official document showing your income
  • A retirement/pension statement of benefits

Acceptable documents to show participation in a qualifying government program include:

  • Benefit award letter
  • Approval letter
  • Statement of benefits
  • Benefit verification letter
Close window