What documents do households need to show identity when applying for the ACP?

Households may need to have some sort of documentation – the last four digits of a social security
number is generally easiest and fastest but other forms of identity such as a Driver’s license are fine.

If they decide to qualify through their student or dependent, the applicant will need to provide
identification for their student/dependent, such as the last four digits of their Social Security number. Examples of documents:

  • Valid government, military, state, or Tribal ID
  • Birth certificate
  • U.S. driver’s license
  • Passport
  • Certificate of U.S. citizenship or naturalization
  • Permanent residence card or Green card
  • Government assistance program document
  • Individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN) document (does not need to include date of birth)

More information about identity qualification.

Close window