We regularly track local funding opportunities for government and nonprofit organizations in Marin.
If you work for an agency interested in applying for digital inclusion or broadband grants, contact us.
Current grants and funding opportunities
California Advanced Services Fund
Digital inclusion projects may include digital literacy training programs and public education to communities with limited broadband adoption, including:
- Low-income communities
- Senior citizen communities
- Communities facing socioeconomic barriers to broadband adoption
Publicly available or after-school broadband access projects may include free broadband access in community training rooms or other public spaces, such as:
- Local government centers
- Senior citizen centers
- Public libraries
- Nonprofit organizations
- Community-based organizations
It may also include funding community outreach, such as analysis, comparison of Internet plans with the community, and call centers that will increase broadband access and adoption.
California Public Utility Commission
The Local Agency Technical Assistance grant program provides funding to assist California’s local agencies and tribes in their efforts to provide high-speed broadband to unserved Californians.
Grants may be used to reimburse eligible costs such as:
- Environmental, feasibility, and engineering design studies or reports
- Needs assessments, market studies, broadband strategic plans, and business plans
- Forming a joint powers authority
- Consultant and community-based organization services