Four (4) goals with enabling strategies emerged from the community outreach, needs assessment, asset inventory, and gap analysis. These goals and related strategies create Marin’s digital roadmap.
Goal 1: High-quality broadband is available to everyone in Marin.
- Assist with the deployment of universally accessible public and public/private broadband services throughout Marin
- Improve the quality, reliability, resiliency, and safety of Marin’s broadband services
- Increase access to affordable broadband service
Goal 2: Everyone in Marin can take advantage of all online opportunities.
- Coordinate and expand digital literacy training in Marin
- Expand community-based programs to provide end user devices and support
- Help organizations create easy to use digital services that work for everyone
Goal 3: Marin has a high rate of digital adoption that benefits everyone.
- Improve privacy, security, and digital accessibility across Marin
- Address barriers through education and community problem solving
- Increase public value from investments in technology
Goal 4: Marin has a community driven organization with a mission to deliver broadband for all.
- Obtain funding and create an independent operating entity